10th Digital Ship Athens 2012
About 10th Digital Ship Athens 2012
The shipping industry has undoubtedly been affected by recent global events and financial upheaval – and Greece (and the rest of Europe) has not escaped these trends. But there are now signs of positive development. Technology, communications and training will play a major role in this continued development, with shipping companies needing to keep up to date with new technologies and strategies; needing to be ready and able to respond quickly.
Digital Ship Athens 2012 will look at current trends and advancements, and will provide the region’s shipping owners and managers with a forum to stay up to date and learn more about the products and services that can help their businesses remain at the forefront of the shipping industry – and help contribute to Greece’s strengthening of its position as a world wide maritime hub.
If you want to make sure that you are first to hear about developments in satellite communications, ship management software, charts & navigation, crew training & welfare, safety & security – as well as the chance to hear from leaders in all of these fields, then make sure you register now to attend Digital Ship Athens 2012. Free for shipping companies.
- Alexandros Charvalias, Assurance & Enterprise Risk Services, Deloitte - Hadjipavlou, Sofianos & Cambanis S.A.
- Antonios Liappis, Crew Manager, Millenia Maritime Inc
- Antony Cassano, Infrastructure Technology Solutions Division Manager, Uni Systems
- Christian Vakarelis, Account Manager, Navarino
- Christos Mangos, General Director, Interunity Management Corporation S.A.
- George-Paul Perantzakis, Managing Director, Naftomar Shipping & Trading Co. Ltd
- Giampiero Soncini, CEO, SpecTec
- Howard Hughes, Manager, Maritime Engineering, Inmarsat
- Ioannis Sarris, General Director, Interunity Management Corporation S.A.
- Ivan Renette, PMS Project Manager, Exmar
- Katerina Raptaki, IT Manager, Navios Shipmanagement and President, AMMITEC
- Ken Coffey, MD, International Operations, Applied Satellite Engineering EMEA
- Konstantinos S. Lourandos, Springfield Shipping Co. Panama SA
- Lars Martinussen, Sales Manager, Dualog AS
- Markus Schmitz, Managing Director, SoftImpact Ltd.
- Maria Karnalaki, Supply Manager, Neptune Lines Shipping & Managing Enterprises S.A
- Michiel Meijer, Market Development Manager, Inmarsat Maritime
- Capt. N. Athanasakos, Marine Manager, Mantinia Shippping
- Dr. Nikitas Nikitakos, Professor, Dept. of Shipping Trade and Transport, University of the Aegean
- Stuart Ostrow, President Crew Cash, LLC.
- Stylianos I. Siafakas, Operations & Assurance Manager, OceanBulk Maritime S.A
- Tim Rosenberger, Director of Product Development, SpecTec
- Torsten Büssow, Vice President, Head of Maritime Software, Germanischer Lloyd SE
- Wouter Deknopper, Director of EMEA Market, Iridium
Day One – 27 November 2012
Opening notes from conference chair
The Benefits & Advantages of FIFO Reporting
Developments in Satellite Communications
Crew Internet – Bridging the Communications Divide
- Trends in crew welfare
- Solutions for addressing crew internet requirements
- Building the business case for crew internet
- Update on Inmarsat’s portfolio to address the current and future satellite communications needs
On-Board Communications – How to Determine What’s Right for You
- An overview on the needs of different sectors
- How to pick the best on-board communications for your business
- Bundling VSAT service with voice and data service
- Mission-critical communications capabilities in the maritime market
Navarino Case Studies on Enhancing your Satellite Communications for Business and for Crew
- Using the FBB plans with Infinity
- Case Studies of the large allowance plans
- Case Studies of the very large allowance plans
- Preparing for the next generation of satellite communications
Preparing the Citadel with Satellite Voice/ Positions Reports
- Challenges of bringing satellite voice and data into the Citadel
- NATO response guidelines for Citadel communications
- Installation keys and methods
- Advanced features of remote configuration/polling
- Accessing/viewing GPS coordinates in the Citadel and sending emergency reports
How can KPIs Benefit from the Cloud
Technology at Work
How Dualog Helped Tame the Internet Running Amok - An Example
- Unmanaged and uncontrolled internet on-board results in disappointed crew and reduction in business operability.
- The results using shore-based solutions have been modest and Dualog was invited to help improve the internet experience.
- This real example shows how an internet running amok was tamed using a maritime solution for internet management
The Integrated Data Management System – The Present and Future of Ship’s Information Management Technology
- Past, present and future needs of management systems
- Systems interrelations
- Current requirements and needs
- The office – ship integration
- Interfacing multiple tasks and software
- Interfacing hardware
- The human element
- Information control
- What is coming next
A Handy Solution for your Planned Maintenance System
- Mobile handheld-device software provides the ability to record transactions remotely and to upload those transactions right into database
- The optional use of a laser barcode reader enables the rapid entry of data and the integration to the device camera allows to take pictures and to synchronize them across directly into database
- Functionality to take measure points & counter readings, to request maintenance work and to perform inventory control
- The modules for reporting maintenance work & stock management (in & out of stock) are under development and will be release later this year
- How it works. Overview over the solution’s structure
- Dynamic data subscriptions. Manage data flow between remote devices and centralized database
- Live demonstration: Mobile data capturing and on-the-go synchronization with central PMS database
- Pros and Cons of using a handheld-solution on-board a vessel
To be announced
Question & Answer Session
AMMITEC General Meeting & Exhibition Showcase
Day Two – 28 November 2012
Inmarsat Technical Presentation - Controlling and Optimising Data
Communication is imperative, especially in a busy working environment. It is essential in sending and receiving vital information that relates to the efficient operation of your vessel.
Many of the new applications available are driving the need for higher speed and unlimited data satcoms solutions. However the speed of the solution is irrelevant unless you understand the use of bandwidth and how to efficiently manage it. This session is designed to cover the basics of management and optimisation, using what is commonly available, no matter what your choice in communication is.
Technical and Operational Measures
Opening Notes from Conference Chair
- New challenges for the shipping industry
- Beyond SEEMP - managing energy
- Is there space for improvement?
- Off the shelf solutions – are they worth it?
- Monitoring and reporting
How Can IT Help to Manage and Reduce Emissions?
- A lot of valuable information is reported from vessels to shore every day
- Smart IT can help making use of that information for performance and emission management
- And at the same time reduce the admin work for the crew while increasing the information for the office significantly
The Enemies Ashore – Vulnerabilities and Hackers: A Relationship that Works
- Maturity of IT security in the Shipping Industry
- Current threat environment
- Potential attacker profiles
- Cyber security guiding principles
- Vulnerability management & penetration testing
How Does the IT Department Contribute to the Reduction in Operating Expenses of a Shipping Company
Safety, Training & Crew Welfare
How a Major Shipping Company has Enhanced their Overall Training Concept
- How they have utilized various training tools – such as CBT's & DVD's, C.E.S
CrewCash & ShipMoney
- What is crewcash & shipmoney?
- Compliance with the Maritime Labor Convention
- Crewcash - convenience, savings & safety
- Shipmoney - savings, efficiency & control
- Implementation and ordering process
- Client and card holder questions
Applications and Processes - Updates
The Simplest Way to Increase your Productivity
- User friendly & unified business software solution
- Headquarters, ships and other locations all within arm’s reach in the electronic enterprise network
- Direct reporting at the source online/offline for shipboard, travelling personnel and other locations
- Clearly defined roles and transparent link from source to decision making.
- Smart web and email notification with interactive technology
Applications and Updates
Neuroscience Applications in e-Navigation Usability Issues
BI Processes and Reporting in Purchasing Department
- Gaining business insight in Purchasing using Microsoft Dynamics NAV and TARGIT BI Suite
- Requisition monitoring and analysis
- Business processes, statistics and reporting
Virtual Disaster Recovery: Business Continuity Within Reach
- Uni Systems, having 50 years of ICT experience, provides a holistic approach to developing and utilizing the Cloud Services offered, based on its expertise, its Data Center facilities and the partnerships with leading international vendors.
- Knowing the pains of the contemporary shipping company that operate in today’s unstable environment, Uni Systems suggests that he who is not prepared for disaster it is more likely that he will not be able to respond to the needs in a timely manner to ensure survivability of business. To that end, the proposal of Local and Offsite Data Protection and Recovery, as well as Business Continuity Services is the simple answer to the complex problem of securing sensitive data.
Close of Conference – see you in 2013!
***Please note speakers, topics and timings are subject to change***
Digital Ship Athens Floorplan '12
To enquire about exhibition stands contact Ria Kontogeorgou, Digital Ship Advertising and Exhibition Sales Manager, in London on tel: +44 (0)20 7510 4931, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
* subject to change as required by the organiser
|2||Astrium Services Business Communications|
|4||Orange Business Services|
|8||KVH Industries A/S|
|14||Ulysses Hellas S.A|
|16||Hellenic Radio Services S.A.|
|16B||SRH Marine Electronics S.A.|
|17||Applied Satellite Engineering|
|18||ABS Nautical Systems|
|23||Setel Hellas S.A.|
Athens '12 Sponsorship Opportunities
To enquire about sponsorship opportunities contact Ria Kontogeorgou, Digital Ship Advertising and Exhibition Sales Manager, in London on tel: +44 (0)20 7510 4931, e-mail email@example.com
|Day 1 welcome break||Otesat Maritel|
|Day 1 morning break||ABS Nautical Systems|
|Day 1 lunch||Dualog|
|Day 1 afternoon break|
|Day 1 drinks reception||Iridium|
|Day 2 welcome break|
|Day 2 morning break|
|Day 2 lunch||H2OSatellite|
|Conference room notepads||Inmarsat|
|Conference room pens||Inmarsat|
|Bottled water in conference room|
|Product Demo sponsorship|
|*Other: mousemats, internet etc|
|* Other opportunities are available upon request.|