Digital Ship Hong Kong - 2012
Maritime Communications and Information Technology Conference and Exhibition
Hong Kong 2012 - 10 & 11 October 2012 - Kowloon International Trade & Exhibition Centre (KITEC)
We are extremely pleased to be returning to the “fragrant harbour” of Hong Kong – our first Digital Ship visit since 2005.
Hong Kong ranks as the eighth most important maritime state in the world and is still regarded as northeast Asia’s shipping hub. Hong Kong has been the base for the establishment of many shipping companies for the last 170 years – and it continues to be so, with many still viewing Hong Kong as the gateway to China. However it is facing stiff competition from Singapore and Shanghai – which have both been very aggressive about building their positions as global maritime hubs.
It is therefore imperative that ship owners and managers in Hong Kong ensure their vessels are at the forefront of development, and that their operations are efficient, cost effective and competitive.
Technology, communications and training will play a major role in this continued development, with shipping companies needing to keep up to date with new technologies and strategies; needing to be ready and able to respond quickly.
Digital Ship Hong Kong will look at current trends and advancements, and will provide the region’s shipping owners and managers with a forum to stay up to date and learn more about the products and services that can help their businesses remain at the forefront of the shipping industry – and help contribute to Hong Kong’s strengthening of its position as a world wide maritime hub.
If you want to make sure that you are first to hear about developments in satellite communications, ship management software, charts & navigation, crew training & welfare, safety & security – as well as the chance to hear from leaders in all of these fields, then make sure you register now to attend Digital Ship Hong Kong 2012. Free for shipping companies.
Confirmed Speakers include:
- Adonis Violaris, Director - Marketing and Corporate Communications, Bernard Schulte Ship Management
- Arthur Bowring, Managing Director, Hong Kong Shipowners’ Association
- Brent Bruun, Senior VP Sales and Business Development, KVH Industries Inc
- Chris Gray, Vice President of Marketing and Business Management, Globe Wireless LLC
- Frank Coles, President, Inmarsat Maritime
- Giampiero Soncini, CEO, SpecTec Group
- Haydn Jones, Marketing Director, Fugro Satellite Positioning
- Henrik Bisbo, Area Sales Manager, Weilbach Singapore Pte. Ltd
- Howard Hughes, Manager, Maritime Safety Engineering, Inmarsat
- Ian Parkes, Group IS Manager, Wallem Innovative Solutions Ltd
- Capt. J. J. Lu, DPA and Asst. President, Ocean Longevity Shipping
- James De Vroome, EVP, SpecTec Group
- Kevin Brunn, Director Maritime Software, Germanischer Lloyd
- Mark Haslett, Director – Procurement, Wallem Group
- Mark Warner, Business Development Director, ShipServ
- Marlon R. Rono, President, Magsaysay Maritime Corporation
- Capt. Mayank Mishra, Head of Quality & Safety/CSO, Fleet Management Limited
- Patrick Slesinger, Founder, Slesinger Consulting
- Peter Schellenberger, Group Director Sales & Marketing, Sinwa Pte Ltd
- Phang Keng Teen, Regional Sales Manager - Asia, Dualog
- Capt. Pradeep Chawla Director of Quality Assurance and Training, Anglo Eastern Shipmanagement
- Dr. Ranjan Varghese, Head of New Buildings, Univan Ship Management Ltd
- Dr. Ruanthi De Silva, Director - Supply Chain Management, Bernard Schulte Ship Management
- Song Lee Meng, Product Director, SingTel Satellite
- Capt. Tarun K Mathur, Sales Director, Navigation Systems, Transas
- Timothy Scheller, Business Development Manager, Columbia Shipmanagement
Please check our website www.thedigitalship.comregularly for the latest programme and list of speakers.
For information on how to contribute to this programme please contact email@example.com
Day 1 – 10 October 2012
*Please note the bus will leave from Central at 8am. For more information please visit our website www.thedigitalship.com
Session: Developments in Satellite Communications
Registration & Welcome Refreshments - Kindly Sponsored by DNV
Opening Notes from Conference Chair
Welcome Address: How Technology is Shaping the Hong Kong Shipping Industry
View from the Top
Tea/Coffee Break - Kindly Sponsored by SingTel
Title to be announced
Case Study - Developing Crew Internet Access Onboard
Driving Innovation in Crew Communications
Title to be confirmed
A New Generation of Maritime VSAT Services
- KVH continues to set new standards in the maritime VSAT market. In addition to enhancing its mini-VSAT Broadband service by adding global C-band overlays to its Ku-band coverage and creating the first maritime VSAT network providing worldwide coverage to small 1.1m antennas, KVH has invested in significant new product developments incorporating its CommBox network management technology into a new, fully integrated modem/antenna control unit/network management below deck unit. The result is a fantastic platform for supporting onboard networks and running ship-to-shore applications
Lunch Break – Kindly Sponsored by Dualog
Session: Technology and Business Management
Creating a Common Vessel Infrastructure – The BW Maritime Experience
Case Study: Imparting Quality Training to Growing Numbers of Seafarers
Intermanager Shipping KPIs as a Hosted Service App
- The importance of establishing Business Intelligence in the maritime software stack
- Critical factors in sourcing the right BI partner
- Why the Intermanager KPI framework serves as a great first BI project for a maritime company
- The concept of a Business Intelligence Software as a Service (SaaS) for a cost-efficient entry to BI
- The evidanza3 corporate performance platform
Advancements in Ship Building Technologies
Tea/Coffee Break - Kindly sponsored by H2OSatellite
Effective Use of IT for Ship Management Activities
- Monitoring of ships compliance with company's SMS and movement in high security risk areas
- Single point integration to allow easier communication and management – Company's PARIS system
- Crew welfare measures from an IT perspective
How Technology can Optimise your Supply Chain
How can IT Help to Manage and Reduce Emissions?
E-Commerce Panel Discussion
- After a decade of development, e-commerce has finally broken through the initial scepticism to become a vital tool for shipowners, shipmanagers and shipyards in their sourcing and procurement process.
- There has been a noticeable shift in attitude in the 18 months as focus moves to operational costs and users start asking how they can use e-commerce to drive down costs, rather than why they should use it.
- This session looks at how e-commerce has been adopted and used by both leading shipowners and suppliers in the Norwegian market. It will highlight what barriers they have overcome to adopt e-commerce and the key benefits it brings to both shipowners and suppliers of products and services.
- It will also look forward to the next ten years and how the ship supply chain will become further integrated and what role maritime software providers will play in the procurement process.
Closing Notes followed by Drinks Reception in Exhibition Hall Kindly Sponsored by Iridium, followed by
Dinner – Kindly Sponsored by Inmarsat
Day 2 - 11 October 2012
Registration & Welcome Refreshments
Inmarsat Training Session – XpressLink
Inmarsat will be running a presentation on their latest high-speed Broadband offering. This is a fully integrated Ku-Band and L-Band offering giving the maritime industry a compelling combination of reliability and fast access for both proprietary and commercial off-the-shelf applications on a global basis.
This training is designed to show you how Inmarsat can provide a fully managed, quality service to the industry. The subject areas are:
Howard Hughes, Howard Hughes, Manager, Maritime Safety Engineering, Inmarsat
- What is XpressLink?
- What makes XpressLink different?
- The Fully Managed Integrated Solution
- The Pathway to GlobalXpress
SESSION: Safety, Training & Crew Welfare
Opening Notes from Conference Chair
Inmarsat Maritime – a Different Approach
- An overview of Inmarsat Maritime’s key priorities for 2012 and beyond
- A vision of changing customer requirements and how Inmarsat plans to address them in the future
- An overview of Inmarsat’s new approach to its distribution model
- An outline of a new fully comprehensive service portfolio
- An outline of the migration path to GX via Xpresslink
E-learning – Are We Moving in the Right Direction?
- What is E-learning?
- Statistics on E-learning in the maritime sector
- What can be done differently/better? (gaming environments – 3-D animations, movies?)
- Crew quality and qualifications – are these limiting factors?
- Is there a limit to the amount and content of E-learning courses and, if so, have we reached it?
- E-learning via hand-held devices (e.g. smart phones) - is the market there yet for seagoing staff?
CrewCash & ShipMoney
- What is crewcash & shipmoney?
- Compliance with the Maritime Labor Convention
- Crewcash - convenience, savings & safety
- Shipmoney - savings, efficiency & control
- Implementation and ordering process
- Client and card holder questions
SESSION: Technology Showcase
ECDIS: Implementation Challenges
Fuel Efficiency though Trim Optimisation
Netwave Systems, MarLiant 8000 AS Series
- Cost effective ruggedized hardware solution for Maritime IT environment.
- High availability / Zero downtime
- Full redundancy
- Low cost of maintenance
- Easy integration of extra workstations / clients
- Remote maintenance
- World-wide service & spares
NSSLGlobal/Teekay Shipping Case Study: Global Communications Solutions; Much More Than Just About Coverage
- Teekay story
- The NSSLGlobal solution
- Delivery & Results
- What’s next?
Close of conference followed by Tea/Coffee Break
*Please note that speakers, sessions and times are subject to alteration and/or cancellation at the organiser's discretion.
Hong Kong 2012 Floorplan
To enquire about exhibition stands contact Ria Kontogeorgou, Digital Ship Advertising and Exhibition Sales Manager, in London on tel: +44 (0)20 7510 4931 , e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
*subject to change as required by the organiser
Hong Kong '12 Sponsorship Opportunities
To enquire about sponsorship opportunities contact Ria Kontogeorgou, Digital Ship Advertising and Exhibition Sales Manager, in London on tel: +44 (0)20 7510 4931, e-mail email@example.com
|Day 1 welcome break||DNV|
|Day 1 morning break||SingTel|
|Day 1 lunch||Dualog|
|Day 1 afternoon break||H2OSatellite|
|Day 1 drinks reception||Iridium|
|Day 2 welcome break||Available|
|Day 2 morning break||Available|
|Day 2 lunch||Available|
|Conference room notepads|
|Conference room pens|
|Bottled water in conference room|
|Product Demo sponsorship|
|*Other: mousemats, internet etc|
|* Other opportunities are available upon request.|