The Maritime CIO Forum series of one-day events have been developed to address the issues and trends that technology leaders face in an increasingly changing and continuously developing business environment. CIOs in the maritime sector are expected to deliver strategies capable of both driving revenue and reducing costs for their organisations. Now that their role is taking on a more strategic focus, CIOs need to strengthen their leadership skills while remaining at the forefront of technological breakthroughs and contributing to the business – all the while making smart decisions about maritime technology and satellite communications selection, investment and implementation.
This year’s speakers include:
- Tore Morten Olsen, Head of Maritime, Airbus Defence and Space
- Jose Milhazes, Global Manager - Business Application Manager & Ship Owner Business Process Manager, Stolt-Nielsen Limited
- Captain Ulf Svedberg, Coordinator Research & Innovations, Swedish Maritime Administration
- Peter Van de Venne, Director - IT Department, Spliethoff
- Ton Arrachart, Former CIO at Van Oord
- Dion Kotteman, Executive Advisor, Dutch Ministry of Finance and Former Chief Information Officer, Dutch Government
- Ivan Renette, Application Portfolio Manager, Exmar Shipmanagement NV
- Joseph Carson, Head of Cyber Security, ESC Global Security
- Peter Sand, Chief Shipping Analyst, BIMCO
- Chris Insall, Senior Principal Product Manager, Maritime Services, Intelsat
- Douglas Watson, Director - Business Unit Shipping, Ericsson
- Kyle Hurst, Director Maritime Business, Iridium
- Mary Etienne, Director, Sales & Business Development EMEA, Dell OEM Solutions
- Morten Lind Olsen, CEO, Dualog
- Simon Gatty Saunt, Regional Vice President, Europe Data & Global Mobility Services, SES
- Gerbrand Schalkwijk, Chief Sales Officer, Inmarsat Maritime
- Claude Rousseau, Research Director, Northern Sky Research (NSR)
- Ørnulf Jan Rødseth, Senior Scientist, MARINTEK Dep. Maritime Transport Systems
- Barbara Bersani, Head of Sales Europe South, Europe Middle East & Africa, Airbus Defence and Space
- Hans-Christoph Burmeister, Group Leader “Sea Traffic and Nautical Solutions", Fraunhofer Center for Maritime Logistics and Services CML
- Neville Smith, Director, Mariner Communications
- Roger Adamson, CEO, Futurenautics
- Krystyna Wojnarowicz, Co-Founder, MARSEC Inc
- Geir Fagerhus, President & CEO, MARSEC Inc
- Martin Reason, European Sales Director Maritime, SpeedCast
- Dr Chris Moody, Chief Business Development Officer, Transportation Systems Catapult
- Rudy Hageman, CEO, Pearlchain
This one-day forum in Rotterdam will address the strategic and practical challenges that all companies are facing at present – such as:
- Are we approaching a genuine road to recovery 2015-2020?
- How is innovation in maritime communications driving the future of shipping?
- The Digital Age - maximizing efficiencies with next generation solutions for the maritime market
- The future of unmanned vessels
- Innovating and investing in the industrial Internet of Things (IoT)
- Big data and analytics to drive innovation, competitiveness and growth
- Putting information security onto the boardroom agenda
- Can the cloud lift global trade?
- Future-proofing your IT infrastructure
- Disruptive innovation
- And more
Highly targeted, this years Digital Ship Maritime CIO Forum – Rotterdam will consider the future of shipping and how the CIO’s role can influence sustainability and competitiveness in a fast paced and ever changing maritime environment. It will provide an opportunity for some of the industry’s leading technology experts and business heads to discuss and debate the on-going role of IT and communications in the shipping industry and help to solve the technology, leadership and business challenges ahead.
Round Tables – the event will culminate with a Round Table session – where all participants will be invited to join one of the 8 round tables taking place, to share experiences and ideas, which will then be fed back to the audience and form part of the conference report.
Who should attend:
- Chief Information Officers (CIOs)
- Chief Technology Officers (CTOs)
- Chief Operating Officers (COOs)
- Other senior business and technical executives in technology, communications, information management, operations, and finance functions
- Suppliers providing:
- Ship Shore Communications
- Software / Data Services
- Shipboard Electronics / Safety / Navigation Systems
- Control Systems / Power
- Security Technology
For more information about this programme or to find out how your company can be part of the Digital Ship Maritime CIO Forum - Rotterdam 2015 please contact email@example.com
Agenda – Latest update 20/9/2015
10:50 Tea/Coffee Break
13:50 Dualog Prize Draw held in Conference Room. Win Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones along with an iPod Touch.
15:50 Tea/Coffee Break
18:20 Closing Notes followed by Drinks Reception until 1930
*Explanation courtesy of The Economist http://www.economist.com/blogs/economist-explains/2015/01/economist-explains-15
This one day conference offers Sponsors an opportunity of table top display in the catering area as below where all attendees will enjoy coffee, lunch, and drinks, and be networking with their industry peers. A table and chairs with space for display of 2 roll-up banners will be provided.
* subject to change as required by the organiser
To learn about a sponsorhsip opportunity contact YoungSuk Park,
Exhibition & Sponsorship Sales Manager
T: +44 (0)20 7017 3409
|Silver + Lunch||Silver|
Venue: Hilton Rotterdam
3012 CM Rotterdam,
Map of Venue:
Tel: +31 10 710 8011
Fax: +31 10 710 8111
Where is it taking place?
The Digital Ship CIO Forum is being held at Hilton Rotterdam. The conference facilities will provide delegates with access to Rotterdam’s vibrant nightlife, an intensely interesting maritime tradition and a wealth of top-class museums all make it a must-see part of any visit to the Netherlands. Above all, Rotterdam is the architecture city of the Netherlands that stimulates innovation and an always changing skyline. Located in the heart of the business district and only three blocks from the World Trade Center, the Hilton Rotterdam hotel is 15 minutes by car from Rotterdam The Hague Airport.
Special hotel rates for CIO delegates from 28th – 30th September (subject to availability)
Please quote: CIO Forum
- Single Deluxe Rooms € 169
- Double Deluxe Rooms € 189
The hotel requires a credit card from each client to guarantee the booking.
* Above stated rates are valid per room, per night including 6% VAT, breakfast & internet.
Excluding 4.5% city tax per room per night.
Alternatively other accommodation:
Located in front of the metro and tram stop, the hotel is within a 5-minute walking distance from the train station and the WTC. Ahoy concert hall can be reached within 10 minutes by metro. Rotterdam- The Hague Airport is a 15 minute drive from the hotel.
Parking near the venue:
Parking is easy at Hilton Rotterdam, a downtown Rotterdam hotel that offers valet and self-parking for hotel guests and visitors. Valet parking drop off and return service is € 30.00 (Kruiskade 9). Please note: the maximum headroom of the garage is 1.90 m.
Please note that Digital Ship Ltd. cannot assist you with applying for or obtaining visas. For information about visa requirements and application procedures please contact your local Embassy or Consulate.
- FREE for shipping company employees (must own/operate ships) and shipyards
- Non-shipping company standard delegate charge EUR495
- 1 Delegate: EUR495
- 2 Delegates: EUR841.50
- 3 Delegates: EUR1262.25
- 4 Delegates: EUR1683
15% discount when 2 or more employees of the same company book and pay at the same time.
50% discount for government organisations / academia.
Online registrations are now closed. You can still register tomorrow on-site at the event.