Maritime CIO Forum @ Cayman Maritime Week
4 May 2016
The global challenge facing the shipping sector is to meet the ever-increasing demands of a dynamic and fast changing world in a sustainable and responsible manner. Clearly "business as usual" will not be enough to meet these demands. Innovation in products, services and processes holds the key to achieving safe, reliable, cost efficient solutions that also achieve economic, social and environmental sustainability targets.
With an expected audience of up to 150 of the most senior maritime executives expected to attend the first Maritime CIO Forum @ Cayman Maritime Week, this event has been developed to address issues and trends that leaders in the shipping community face in an increasingly demanding environment; expected to deliver strategies capable of both driving revenue and reducing costs - all while making smart decisions about technology selection, investment and implementation. Throughout this one-day high-level forum industry leaders will share their strategies to address the challenges presented by the new maritime landscape, and the key roles played by innovation and the drive for sustainability.
As well as a focus on technical developments, this forum will address challenges that companies are facing at present - such as:
- How is innovation in communications driving the future of shipping?
- Technology for the new maritime landscape
- Cyber security and future-proofing your IT infrastructure
- The future of unmanned vessels
- Innovating and investing in the industrial Internet of Things (IoT)
- Big data and analytics to drive innovation, competitiveness and growth
- Putting information security onto the boardroom agenda
- The Digital Age - maximising efficiencies with next generation solutions for the maritime market
- Harnessing disruptive innovation in the maritime sector
- Tamara Y. Ebanks, MSc. HRM, Deputy Chief Officer, Ministry of Financial Services, Commerce and Environment
- Angus McLean, Head of Maritime Policy, Quality and Casualty Investigation at Maritime Authority of the Cayman Islands
- Anthony J. Queenan, Vice President Sales, Marlink
- Cathy Hodge, Director, Digital Ship
- Colin Young, Regional Maritime Adviser (Caribbean), IMO
- Frank Coles, CEO, Transas
- Hector Palacios, Key Account Manager, Marlink
- Dora Mejia, Vice President of Sales and Business Development, NewCom International – a member of Speedcast Group
- Justin Iserhardt, Client Technical Manager – Yachts, Passenger Ship Support Center, Lloyd's Register North America
- Knut Helge Drivenes, Director of Sales, Commercial Shipping, EMC Connected
- Nancy Ewing, President and CEO, Brac Informatics Centre (BiC)
- Palemia Field, Integrated Operations Program Manager, Passenger Vessels, ABB Marine and Ports
- Rob O'Dwyer, Editor, Digital Ship
Sessions will be led by panel discussions and interactive discussion with the audience.
Highly targeted, this year's Digital Ship Maritime CIO Forum @ Cayman Maritime Week will consider the future of shipping and how the CIO's role can influence sustainability and competitiveness in a fast paced and ever changing maritime environment. It will provide an opportunity for some of the industry's leading technology experts and business heads to discuss and debate the on-going role of IT and communications in the shipping industry and help to solve the technology, leadership and business challenges ahead.
For more information on this event please contact the Event Director on email@example.com
Digital Ship are proud to be participating in this year's Cayman Maritime Week from 2-4 May 2016, with the Maritime CIO Forum taking place on Wednesday 4 May, and followed by the Cayman Maritime Week 'Toes in Sand' dinner and entertainment at Royal Palms on Seven Mile Beach.
Hosted at the Marriott Grand Cayman Beach Resort on the shores of world-famous Seven Mile Beach, you'll learn from thought-leaders and industry experts, explore the latest maritime technologies, innovations and trends and participate in lively forums covering the most important topics affecting the industry today including:
Join thought leaders and professionals at a variety of unique networking and social events that bring together key industry players. Participate in the 4th annual Cayman Islands MARE FORUM Shipping Summit and see the latest technology first-hand at the CIO conference and showcase hosted by Digital Ship. Also participate in the WISTA discussions on efficiency and the environment.
Cayman Maritime Week provides the ideal setting to connect because each individual event is designed as a catalyst to foster and grow relationships amongst peers, industry experts and potential clients and to facilitate educational and business opportunities. Discuss regulatory issues with a first class flag, the Cayman flag, and consider operating from a first class business environment, with Cayman Enterprise City, or enjoy a great conference with a short break.
For more information please visit: http://caymanmaritimeweek.com/