The solution integrates advanced document management capabilities, robust collaboration features and support for bookings, with end-to-end real-time tracking. Benefits of Dynamic Ocean include expedited flow of goods through busy ports; significantly reducing detention and demurrage costs; and improved customer satisfaction.
Dynamic Ocean covers 99 per cent of global container traffic and more than 750 ports. Comprehensive APIs enable data sharing between Dynamic Ocean and other critical shipper systems including TMS and ERP platforms. Major product capabilities include:
- Advanced document management and collaboration features help shippers manage the complex and copious documentation requirements of international shipping, and collaborate with all parties involved in a container move
- Real-time messaging tools organised around shipments and workflows replace emails and manual processes
- Automated templates trigger tasks, set permissions, and prepare documentation, including purchase orders, bills of lading, courier instructions and packing lists, among many others.
- Trading partners can collaborate in a secure cloud-based digital hub that contains all critical international shipping documents
- Superior tracking capabilities leapfrog first-generation screen-scraping techniques to capture more data via multiple sources and with far greater accuracy
- Visibility into bookings via custom APIs with existing transportation management systems (TMS)
- True end-to-end tracking that links ocean to rail, air, over-the-road and yard
- Deeper insights and analytics with ocean-specific reporting on on-time performance, cycle and transit times, detention and demurrage, and more
“The documentation requirements, rate management and bookings in international ocean shipping are massive and complex — and when not managed quickly and efficiently, are a major cause of unbudgeted costs and unhappy customers,” said Charlie Cunnion, vice president, global transportation at International Forest Products LLC (IFP).
“FourKites’ Dynamic Ocean solution will be a game-changer for IFP. It will further distinguish us from our competition by enabling us to provide customers with transparent shipping schedules and timely documentation, while also providing near real-time visibility into order statuses. This platform mitigates detention and demurrage risks and will deliver a seamless experience for our customers.”