In addition, Marpoint IT Managed Services will assist Navarone to apply Cyber Risk Management and stay compliant with the IMO 2021 regulation.
Prior to the agreement with Marpoint, Navarone was experiencing difficulties in knowing when its vessels’ computers were operating efficiently in a cyber secure environment and wanted to know the status, health and performance 24/7, 365 days a year. In addition, the shipping company had questions such as:
- What are the actions taken when a pc does not work?
- What happens when a suspicious usb is connected to a pc on board, when the temperature of a UPS exceeds its limits? When a printer exceeds the maximum page count and the ink levels are always low?
- When Admiralty updates are not downloaded and applied properly?
- Is the shipping company sure that application and software patches are properly applied onboard?
Marpoint Maritime IT Managed Services along with Governor, Marpoint’s maritime cyber risk management suite, has empowered Navarone to focus on its operations with a complete portfolio of physical, network and data security services offering the following:
- Evo2 Router and Platform for bandwidth optimisation, operational efficiency, network control, VPN, crew hotspot & crew calling access for its satellite data service
- Web DNS filtering with over 80 content categories containing over 460 million sites
- Application Filtering
- Uni Virtual Machine Manager, Marpoint’s 3-node all active cluster with virtual machines continuous replication, for hosting critical vessel applications
- Network assets
- Network inventory reporting
- Network Asset automated alerts for issues services
- Private cloud VM with central management backup platform
- Desktop Virtualisation and Active Directory using Linux Thin clients offering one account per crew member
- NAS Storage for additional back up of vessels’ critical applications and software
- Antivirus integration with cloud hosting management portal for real time holistic monitoring of the vessel’s antivirus protection
- Automatic software patching in line with the IMO 2021 regulation
- Intrusion Detection System (IDS)
- Dedicated Marpoint IT Team for 24/7/365 Managed IT Services
- Complete IT remote and onsite technical support
- Marpoint 4G router & global SIM as a reliable near-shore backup to existing satellite communications
- File Transfer: maritime optimised file storage & sharing solution
“By implementing Marpoint UNI and IT Managed Services throughout our fleet, critical applications on board our fleet vessels such as Planned Maintenance System, email systems, ﬁle servers and other are hosted in a virtual environment in which they are available at all times, even in case of hardware failure,” said Konstantinos Sakellakos, IT manager at Navarone S.A.
“Furthermore, we are now able to have Real-time monitoring of critical devices, assets or data, network trafﬁc flows across our IT and OT vessels’ network and apply soft-ware patching in line with the latest IMO Cyber Risk Management regulation.”